Sunday, February 24, 2008

Staggered Quarter Notes


I thought about you today

I think about you everyday.

I wish that you were still here.

I wish that I could still hear your voice.

Sadness drapes my heart and emotions over take me.

I'm remember the time that we were together and the fun that we had.
You ment more to me that I than I knew.
That's why it is so hard for me to let you go.

Your death consumes me.
I want you to return.

Your life LIVES in me.
I wish I could see you.

Your face is ever beofre me.
I wish that I could talk to you.

I wish that you could colud be at my next gig.
I just wish that I could have made you proud of me.




Even though it's been over a month since you death I can't seem to shake this sadness.

I hope that you save me a seat on the Drum Set in Heaven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful poem, Nikki. Thanks for sharing!

Art Junkie! said...

no worries. it just felt really good to get this out, ya know.