Why the name ART JUNKiE?
Today a friend send sent me a email saying "I'm glad you're addicted to Art...P.S. You are amazing. So, so, so amazing." It totally made me want to blog about my NEW myspace name. Why blog about it when others changes their every few days? WELL, when I was seeing Janine (my tx.'s in Boston) ART projects were often my homework from out sessions. ART was the only way that I could express feelings that would trigger my Rage attacks and Anger fits or my Dissociative Episodes. (YES ME.) Even though I don't usually have a hard time articulating myself there are times that I'm on the verge and Art really is the ONLY thing I can turn to for anonymous understanding. Yes ART, not even my friends. Those from Boston and other countries included.)
The past few month have just been one anxiety-provoking event after another. From Eron's death (my drum student) to my car being stolen not to mention some current family transition ALL on top of my mom brain cancer and two kids at my job [1 in remission and the other currently going through Chemo].
This is ALL having a traumatic effect on my ability to control and express my feeling. MY CUP RUNeth OVER.
So, I have turned inward and ART has become my new addiction and crutch.
I seem to think that I'm depressed (yes, even though I smile and still tell jokes. And yes, it's possible to be depressed and still do these things). A friend of mine seems to think that I'm on the verge of something GREAT!
I guess we will see. I just SEE ART right now.
~Art Junkie.

1 comment:
hey! i can't find your flickr account. i'll try again, but just in case, can you send me your email? that seems to help a lot sometimes.
mariane
Post a Comment