Monday, July 30, 2007

Amy's what they call her

There are not enough words that can Amy Winehouse's voice. I've been a musician-fan (yes i said musician-fan) of her wayyyyy before us Americans knew about her- Thanks to my UK friends. I had the pleasure of stumbling across this video and I had to post it.

Live Studio session of VALARIE



If you get time you should YOUTUBE her and watch a few of her interviews. She's interesting to say the least. If you do not have her Album by now I need for you STOP READING this blog and go to iTunes and buy it. The best way ans ONLY i can describe her voice is the 60's meets Ela Fitzgerald and stopped off at Motown. It's clear to the ear that she has a unique voice. It's Soul-Jazz with a Bluesy edge. I believe it just what Soul and Blues (esp R&B) have been missing.

She makes me feel like I can sing. She just makes it look so damn easy. This next video is one one my favorites.

Stronger Than Me (LIVE)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg! i seriously hear this song Valarie a lot, but i had no idea that was her!