Wednesday, December 27, 2006

MONDAY

MONDAY



Monday’s are usually hard days and this Monday isn’t any different then any other. I woke around nine something only to convince myself that it was too early to wake up to I closed my eyes once again- besides the house was still quiet. When I finally did wake awake, it was to the sound of constant knocking at the front door. I immediately thought ‘this is why I hate sleeping on the couch in the Living room. I opened the door and it was my cousin and two of his kids. The visit was short lived followed by a barrage of phone calls. I figured sense it was round twelve noon that it was not too late for breakfast. I made pancakes, eggs, and turkey sausages. All this washed down with milk on the rocks. “Mom come eat. Breakfast is ready,” I yelled. It took her several minutes to come to the dinning room. Once she sat down, she followed her food prep regiment as usual. She asks for a bottle of water so that she can rinse her palate and prepare her taste buds for food. However, this time, before she was able to finish rinsing her mouth out she jumped up and ran to the bathroom holding her mouth as if she was trying to keep a secret. Vomit came out of her mouth and the tears intermittently rolled from eyes. She sat on the edge of the bathtub not too far from the toilet. I sat next to her. She rocked back and forth held her stomach. I sat next to her. She cried. I remained next to her and put my arms around her. “We’ll get through this. “It’s hard but we’ll get through this together”. Just for a second she leaned on me and I held her with the little strength that I had. Eventually we walked from the bathroom back to the dinning room and had our noon breakfast.

* * *

“Mom, I’m sure that you’re hungry but here’s a snack for you to eat. I cut up a half of a banana and half of an apple. I also put you a new bottle of ice water next to the phone”. She usually sleeps eighty-five percent of the day.

* * *

“How are you feeling?” She responded, “My stomach still hurts”. More spitting piece of coagulated vomit.

* * *

I made her dinner around six o’clock. Normally she eats her meals at the dinning room table but because I had to reheat the beans, the all too recent smell in the air made her nauseous. I took her food to her on a tray. She ate one tiny bite of chicken, two spoons full of beans, and didn’t bother with the rest of her dinner. She drank a few sips of Pepsi. “Sylvia, I mean Nicole you can pick up my tray. I’m done.”




The silence is so loud today. It’s just another Monday, huh? Well, today is actually Christmas. Yeap, Christmas. It sure as hell doesn’t feel like it. It sure doesn’t smell like it sense the smell of Christmas makes her want to vomit. The silence is so loud today. It’s Just another Monday, huh?




By Nicole! aka LaSunset
December 25, 2006 @8:04 PST